Kaatza Players get just dessert
By the way, did you hear:
• Lake Cowichan’s Kaatza Lakeside Players are celebrating Theatre Week (Dec. 3 to 8) by sponsoring a Dessert Contest. The Shaker Mill, Jakes At The Lake, Aroma and the Cow Café will be creating “spectacular” desserts to reflect the stage production, A Christmas Carol. Glenda J. Burg tells us that on Nov. 30 the desserts will be judged at the Lake Cowichan District Seniors’ Centre, with the winner becoming the official dessert of the Lakeside Players, during Theatre Week.
• Cowichan Green Community needs your votes in the BC Hydro Community Champions competition. This summer the CGC worked with a group of youth to retrofit the building at Duncan’s Kinsmen Park and have a chance to win $10,000 to fund the next stage of their project. People can vote once per day until Dec. 7 here.
• As Movember glides to a close, the mustachioed Cowichan Cycles Movember Team asks for your help. To make a donation to Team Cowichan Cycles please click here.
• Congratulations to Jordan Pringle and Cobble Hill-based Harbour Side Mechanical Inc for opening a dedicated service shop in Victoria for residential and commercial plumbing and heating customers.
• Teacher sponsor Nancy Henry and students Aislinn Cottell, Rachel Bocking, Kayla Carlson, Rachel Boudreau, Chelsea Quist, Victoria Morgan, Claire Saunders and Mackey Singh were on hand recently to accept $2,945 from BC Hydro’s Jennifer Callighan. The school will be putting the money toward energy-efficient power bars for computer labs and upgrading washrooms with hand dryers and sensor taps with the heling hand of SD79’s energy expert Brian Branting.
• Winners of the Chemainus BIA Capture the Moment photo contest: Kayla Kerrone, Greg Cooper, D. Burry (twice), A. Carlyle and K. Holmes. The contest was free to enter with a total of $1,700 offered in cash prizes
• Mr. Murals Karl Schutz has been invited to participate in a mural project in Nairobi, Kenya in Africa. To find out what the project is all about, go to kickstarter.com/projects/joelartista/kibera-walls-for-peace-youth-mural-project-nairobi. For a small donation, you can have your name next to Karl’s on an African mural.
Exciting things happening for you, your friends or your family that you want to share with your community? Send me a quick email at email@example.com.
We’d love to spread the word.