News

Trial about alleged manslaughter death of Cowichan's Tyler Noble starts Oct. 15

A manslaughter case involving the death of south Cowichan's Tyler Noble heads to trial Oct. 15.

Victoria News staff says defense counsel Peter Firestone appeared on behalf of his client, Brandon Huth, in Victoria court Jan. 16, to set a trial date for the alleged November 2011 manslaughter of Noble.

Seven days of trial time has been booked. Huth was not present in court Wednesday.

Noble, 20, died from injuries he suffered after allegedly being assaulted at the downtown Victoria corner of Douglas and View streets on Nov. 26, 2011.

Brandon Huth, then 24, of Victoria, has been charged with manslaughter.

It's believed Noble fell during the alleged assault, then died from his injuries hours later at Victoria General Hospital.

Crown counsel, Neil MacKenzie, declined to comment about the case, but said a manslaughter conviction could carry a penalty of life in prison.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Woman assaulted, male suspect arrested
 
ELECTION 2014: Hutchins joins Kids First
 
Family Day boasts flurry of fun across Capital Region
Shovel in the dirt closer
 
RDN wary of tower, smart meters
 
Point of prevention
2012 Predictions - Theatre - Clayton Jevne, Theatre Inconnu
 
The Week - March 10
 
Total crime up 21 per cent so far this year

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 31 edition online now. Browse the archives.