Bruce Fraser’s 15 motions
1. CVRD directors forego a stipend increase for the remainder of the 2013 budget year.
2. Directors’ attendance at major meetings be restricted to a maximum delegation of seven members of the board with rotating opportunities for equitable distribution of participation. Or alternatively that the maximum subsidy for attendance be 50% of the receipted cost.
3. The excluded senior staff with salaries over $100,000 and at the top of their scale category be held at 2012 levels for the remainder of the 2013 budget year.
4. The increased funding proposed for advancing the communications functions of the CVRD be postponed for consideration for the 2014 budget year.
5. The increase in transit funds to provide local transit for Ladysmith be postponed for 2014.
6. A cap of $150,000 be placed on regional grants in aid, over and above the allocation to the Island Corridor Foundation, for the 2013 budget year and that the applications for regional grants in aid be divided pro-rata among the approved applicants.
7. The established policy for regional grants in aid be upheld with regard to eligibility.
8. Applicants that are applying for regional grants and electoral area grants for the same functions be required to choose one or the other but not both avenues for grant in aid funding.
9. The annual regional grant in aid allocation be taken to the public as a specified function at the next opportunity for a referendum.
10. The CVRD reduce the requisition for the regional parkland acquisition function by amount over that necessary for debt servicing for the 2013 budget year.
11. The requisitions for the Community Parks and Parks and Trails functions be held to the 2012 level for the 2013 budget year.
12. The proposed increase in requisition for the Cowichan Theatre be held to a maximum of 1.5% for the 2013 budget year.
13. The proposed increase in planning budget for 2013 be reduced by 50% and that alternative means be sought to avoid escalation of the anticipated increase in legal costs and shortfalls in revenues.
14. The requisition for the general government be limited to an increase of 1.5%, and if the reductions to the regional grant in aid allocations are not sufficient to do this further reductions in general government be sought to achieve the target.
15. If the foregoing reductions in budget for 2013 do not bring the lift for areas A and B below 4% then further reductions be sought to achieve this.