Welcomes and congratulations
By the way, did you hear:
• The Chemainus Gardens’ Festival of Trees handed another tidy cheque to the Harvest House food bank just prior to Christmas, while handing out plaques to the winners of the Children’s Poetry Contest and the Best Decorated Christmas Tree.
Judge Crystal Hanson, head of wardrobe at the Chemainus Theatre Festival, picked Aerial Tree Service followed by Ladysmith and District Credit Union. The Girl Guides of Chemainus and Crofton won the People’s Choice award.
Anjilee Manhas, 14, Hannah Dumez, 12 and nine-year-old Grace Lavigne, 9 were picked by judge Susan Martin from The Book Nook as poetry contest winners.
Organizer Margaret Perry made it happend with the help of Phillip the puppeteer from Cherry Tree Early Education; Simon Warne from Crafty Cuppa; photographers Art and Daphne Carlyle, Linda Kelly from Chemainus Gardens, and a long list of musicians and singers.
• We’d like to join South Cowichan Chamber of Commerce president Mike Hanson and the selection committee of Dave Shortill of Family Integrity Corporation and Pat Miller of Pemberton Homes in offering a warm welcome to Theresa Bertrand as the new chamber manager. Congrats to her predecessor Shauna Benson on her new gig with Higginson Consulting.
• So long Amy, hello Linda. Former United Way sparkplug Linda Roseneck officially succeeded Cowichan District Hospital Foundation’s long-time administrative director, Amy Trippe Brophy, Jan. 1. After some retirement fun in the sun in Arizona, Brophy hopes to remain involved with the foundation in a volunteer role.
• A tip of the hat and a round of applause for a pair of local businesses honoured by the Small Business B.C. awards program. Semi-finalists Lush Eco Lawns, of Duncan (best green business), Bamboletta Dolls, Cowichan Bay (best community impact) will learn their fate during a gala in Vancouver at the end of February.
• Cathy Ridley tells us The Mariners Market and Espresso Bar at Maple Bay Marina features ”the latest delightful yet practical creations” by Lynn Hudson of Wildish Wear Hats — amongst other treats — until the end of February.
Exciting things happening for you, your friends or your family that you want to share with your community? Send me a quick email at email@example.com. We’d love to spread the word.