- BC Games
Busy night for Cowichan firefighters
North Cowichan South End fire crew were busy on Tuesday.
Just as they just finished responding to a chimney fire at 6:30 p.m., they were immediately called out to the 1300 block of Tzouhalem Road to deal with a fully involved barn fire.
Due to lack of water supply in the area, Cowichan Bay Fire Rescue was called for mutual aid with their tender. Firefighters stayed on scene for almost four hours.
There were no injuries in the incident, which began at about at 7 p.m. Cause of the blaze was not available.