- BC Games
Meet south Cowichan's business leaders
By the way, did you hear:
• Meet the new South Cowichan Chamber of Commerce: president Dave Shortill (Family Integrity Corporation), directors Jason Lowe (Arbutus Golf & Country Club), Gay Wise (Wise Financial Services) and Ross Tennant (independent consultant). The group thanked its outgoing president Mike Hanson (Hanson Internet Consulting) and outgoing directors Sandra Simoneau (CIBC) and Patrick Miller (Pemberton Realty) for their contributions.
• Local winners in the 7th-annual Vancouver Island Commercial Building Awards included: award of excellence Multi-Family Townhouse winner The Waterfront at Mill Bay; awards of merit to the Mill Bay Fire Hall, the North Cowichan Municipal Hall addition; retail honours to Chemainus Village Square and honourable mentions in office/retail reno to the Cowichan Health & Wealth Centre.
• Congratulations to Merridale Cidery. Huffington Post has named it one of Vancouver Island’s best places to get married, after a recommendation by Jesse Holland Photo.
• Manager David Messier and the crew at Maple Bay Marina are proud the Georgia Strait Alliance has awarded the marina its second four-anchor rating by Georgia Strait Alliance. This means they continue to meet very high environmental best practices under GSA’s Clean Marine B.C. program.
• Evelyn Koops (owner Visual Edge Graphic Design) and her partner George Gates of NuTech I.T. Solutions are proud of the opening of their new store a new store, the Chemainus Village Computer Centre at the new mall on Oak Street.
• Manager Conrad Davies and owner Keith Lefevre tell us the South Cowichan Farmers Market will be hosting a Food Cart Festival Friday June 6, to co-inside with the weekly Friday evening market.
• Sunrise Waldorf School’s Cheryl Galloway tells us students were thrilled to take part in the Connecting Children to Nature exhibit in the Robert Bateman Gallery in Victoria, May 1.
Exciting things happening for you, your friends or your family that you want to share with your community? Send me a quick email at email@example.com.