- BC Games
That Knowles is a real climber
By the way, did you hear:
• Three hundred participants, including Lake Cowichan firefighter Jessica Knowles was one of 300 people who recently climbed all 48 storeys to the top of the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre in support of lung health. This year the B.C. Lung Association Stairclimb fundraiser raised nearly $70,000.
• Lindsay Olsen tells us Duncan auto body shops, Cowichan Collision and G.T. Collision Centre were each awarded the prestigious 2013 AutocheX Premier Achiever Award for outstanding customer service recently. Cowichan Collision owner Ron Mellson, and Jason and Ted Stevens of G.T. Collision earned their honours thanks to their outstanding results in an independent customer satisfaction survey.
• Anthem Properties, new owner of several downtown Chemainus commercial buildings including the Johansson Block has stepped on as a major sponsor of the annual Chamber of Commerce golf tournament.
• Youbou’s Janet Martin would like to thank the person who turned in her lost purse into the concession stand while she was watching her grandson play ball in Duncan
• From organizers of Cowichan’s Rock of the Woods festival: “Every year we ask an artist to help us design a one-off Rock of the Woods movie-size poster. This year Highberry Dew (aka Tacy Rockwell), a local Glenora resident designed this beauty.“
• Mark and Linda Holford have taken the Cowichan Bay’s Slow Food movement to heart. Their Rocky Creek Winery is using the internationally recognized Cittaslow logo on 2013 vintages, signifying the wines are made locally and sustainably in the style of old world wines.
• Rosemary Bonanno and Natasha Bartlett are proud to say the Vancouver Island Regional Library has received the British Columbia Libraries Association 2014 BCLA Building Project Award for the Cumberland and Cowichan Lake library branch projects.
• Win Teague of the Malahat Legion says Branch 134 recently honoured members with Long Service and Outstanding Service Awards. A highlight was Sgt-at-Arms Dwight Grieve receiving his 50-year Anniversary Medal from branch president Jim Gomm.
Exciting things happening for you, your friends or your family that you want to share with your community? Send me a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to spread the word.